There are many versions of stroganoff, this one is quick and low fat. It uses low fat fromage frais instead of the traditional soured cream to help reduce the calories.
Ingredients – serves 2
200g Lean beef, cut into strips
140g Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
6 Spring onions, sliced
1 tsp Paprika
90ml Low-sodium beef stock
3 tbsp Normandy (low fat) fromage frais / very low fat Crème fraiche
1tbs Fresh tarragon, finely chopped.
Low fat olive oil cooking spray
1. Using low fat oil spray, fry the beef, mushrooms and spring onions for 3-4 mins
2. Sprinkle paprika, then add stock, bring to boil and boil for 1 min.
3. Remove from heat, stir in tarragon, allow to cool slightly before stirring in fromage frais.
4. Serve with Pasta or rice.
Nutritional content: per serving*
Calories 196 Kcal
Total fat 7g
– Saturated fat 3g
– Polyunsaturated fat 0.7g
– Monounsaturated fat 2.5g
* Not including pasta/rice.
What makes Horder Healthcare unique
Horder Healthcare is committed to providing the very best quality of care for our patients and customers. We are continuously working on improving and reducing risks and this is reflected in our consistently high CQC results, patient satisfaction questionnaires and minimal levels of infection.
We are a charity
We reinvest our profit to benefit more people and help us achieve our aim of advancing health.