A tasty, simple and inexpensive homemade soup recipe.
Ingredients: (Serves 8)
2 large sweet potatoes, peel and cut into 1cm cubes
4 large carrots peeled and sliced
1 red onion
1 litre veg stock (home made or low sodium cube)
1 tbsp Chilli flakes
200g Red lentils
Salt + pepper to season
1tsp olive oil
1) Finely chop the onions and fry in 1 tsp olive oil for 2-3 min until soft
2) Add sweet potato, carrots, lentils and stock and bring to the boil
3) Simmer uncovered for 20-25mins until veg are soft
4) blend with hand held blender until smooth
5) Add chilli flakes and briefly pulse to mix.
Nutritional content: (per portion)
Calories 225 Kcal
Total fat 1.6g
Saturated fat 0.3g
Polyunsaturated fat 0.5g
Monounsaturated fat 0.4g
What makes Horder Healthcare unique
Horder Healthcare is committed to providing the very best quality of care for our patients and customers. We are continuously working on improving and reducing risks and this is reflected in our consistently high CQC results, patient satisfaction questionnaires and minimal levels of infection.
We are a charity
We reinvest our profit to benefit more people and help us achieve our aim of advancing health.