If you wish to achieve a better posture, be more mobile and gain confidence to cope with everyday challenges, Pilates could support you as you start to make healthier choices for yourself.
In this video, Debra Stork, Pilates Instructor at Horder Healthcare, goes through the key elements of Pilates.
5 Key elements of Pilates
- Postural awareness – to reduce pain from poor postures;
- Effective breathing – used to release excessive tension and rigidity in the body;
- Deep abdominal and pelvic control – based on recent medical research, Pilates retrains the use of these muscles to prevent and rehabilitate LBP;
- Concentration – helps to focus the mind on the body and the way it moves;
- Movement co-ordination, flow, and stamina – to teach the body to move more freely and efficiently.
Modified Pilates classes at Horder Healthcare
We offer Modified Matwork Pilates classes from our centres in Crowborough and Seaford.
Duration: 1 hour
Cost: £12 per class
Debra StorkChartered Physiotherapist Debra graduated from Brunel University in 1996. Currently her role at Horder Healthcare is the provision, growth and quality assurance of the Clinical Pilates services across all Horder Healthcare sites. She believes strongly in the importance of exercise to treat and prevent injury as well as promote general health and vitality.
Health & wellbeing information
We offer a range of health and wellbeing articles, recipes and exercise videos to enable people to self manage conditions and make healthy lifestyle choices, as well as preventing the development of musculoskeletal problems.
What makes Horder Healthcare unique
Horder Healthcare is committed to providing the very best quality of care for our patients and customers. We are continuously working on improving and reducing risks and this is reflected in our consistently high CQC results, patient satisfaction questionnaires and minimal levels of infection.
We are a charity
We reinvest our profit to benefit more people and help us achieve our aim of advancing health.