This bread and butter pudding is made with apple, cinnamon and raisin – it’s a warming classic and gluten-free. Make sure all your ingredients are gluten-free, as some raisins use gluten in the processing.
Preparation + cooking time: 50mins
12 slices of gluten free white bread, crusts removed
30g demerara sugar
60g raisins (ensure gluten free)
2 small dessert apples, finely sliced
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180oc/160oc fan.
2. Butter the bread on both sides and very lightly grease a glass oven proof dish.
3. In a bowl combine the apple, raisins, and spices with 10g of sugar, shake to mix well.
4. Place a layer of bread into the greased dish, sprinkle with 1/3 of the apple mix. Repeat layering until all the bread is used up.
5. In a large bowl beat together the milk and eggs and ½ of the remaining sugar.
6. Pour the mix over the bread and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
7. Bake for 35-40minutes until the surface is golden.
Nutritional content: per serving
Calories 330 Kcal
Total fat 10g
– Saturated fat 5.1g
– Polyunsaturated fat 1.6g
– Monounsaturated fat 2.7g
What makes Horder Healthcare unique
Horder Healthcare is committed to providing the very best quality of care for our patients and customers. We are continuously working on improving and reducing risks and this is reflected in our consistently high CQC results, patient satisfaction questionnaires and minimal levels of infection.
We are a charity
We reinvest our profit to benefit more people and help us achieve our aim of advancing health.