Tofu is a low fat meat alternative made by coagulating soy milk, and marinating it in curry paste allows it to take on the flavours of the curry. A stir-fry is a great way of incorporating lots of vegetables into a meal. This recipe uses firm silken tofu which crumbles on cooking, if you want a more meat-like texture use firm tofu.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
4 tbsp green Thai paste
2 tsp oil
1 clove garlic finely sliced
1 medium red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
1 red onion (140g) finely sliced
2 spring onions sliced
1 large carrot (150g) peeled & finely sliced
1 large courgette (1500g) finely sliced
Handful fresh coriander
30g peanuts pieces
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 lime (juiced)
400g rice noodles
1. Cut the tofu into 1cm cubes and coat in the Thai paste and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the tofu for 3 minutes on a high heat until golden.
3. Remove the tofu and add the garlic, onion, chilli, carrot, beansprouts, and courgette to the pan and fry for 3 minutes.
4. Return the tofu to the pan. Add the lime juice and soya sauce, toss together then add the noodles. Fry until heated through for roughly 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Add the coriander, peanuts and spring onions and serve.
Nutritional content: per serving
Total Fat 8.1g
– Saturated Fat 1.1g
– Polyunsaturated Fat 1.9g
– Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g
What makes Horder Healthcare unique
Horder Healthcare is committed to providing the very best quality of care for our patients and customers. We are continuously working on improving and reducing risks and this is reflected in our consistently high CQC results, patient satisfaction questionnaires and minimal levels of infection.
We are a charity
We reinvest our profit to benefit more people and help us achieve our aim of advancing health.