Our Standing Pilates is a mixed ability class suitable for those who find it difficult getting on and off the floor and for those with osteoporosis or osteopenia and want to work at their own pace in a gentle, relaxed and friendly class.
The exercises are performed in a standing position with all the benefits of mat-based Pilates and help to optimise posture and gait, is gentle on vulnerable joints and focuses on improving balance and muscle strength, giving confidence for everyday activities.
The class is suitable for those who wish to:
- Find an alternative to mat-based Pilates because of difficulty getting on and off the floor;
- Help in the prevention of osteoporosis and osteopenia (a medical condition in which the protein and mineral content of bone tissue is reduced, but less severely than in osteoporosis);
- Improve their standing balance because they are at risk of falls;
- Progress from the Pilates mat-based exercises into standing;
- Help to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles in a functional position.
Please ensure you watch the video below on the 'Key Elements in Standing Pilates', before joining the class for the first time.
Enabling you to make healthy lifestyle choices
Health and wellbeing classes led by our experts
Horder Healthcare offers a wide range of health and fitness classes designed to keep you in shape and help strengthen joints and muscles. For more information please choose from the locations below.
Book a class online
You can book and pay for your health and fitness classes online.