These meat free butternut squash burritos have all the great flavours of Mexican cooking without the saturated fat.
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cubed
50g brown rice
4 shallots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tin kidney beans
2 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp cayenne pepper
60g feta cheese
4 Tortilla wraps
1. Roast the butternut squash in a preheated oven for around 40 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile cook rice as per packet instructions.
3. In a frying pan over a medium heat, fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft, add the cumin and cayenne pepper and stir well.
4. Add the beans, pepper and rice and cook for 8 minutes.
5. Add the butternut squash to pan and roughly mash with a wooden spoon.
6. Divide the squash mix between 4 wraps and sprinkle with feta. Serve with salad.
Nutritional content: per serving
Calories 399 Kcal
Total fat 10g
– Saturated fat 4g
– Polyunsaturated fat 1.9g
– Monounsaturated fat 3.5g
What makes Horder Healthcare unique
Horder Healthcare is committed to providing the very best quality of care for our patients and customers. We are continuously working on improving and reducing risks and this is reflected in our consistently high CQC results, patient satisfaction questionnaires and minimal levels of infection.
We are a charity
We reinvest our profit to benefit more people and help us achieve our aim of advancing health.