This dish provides a good non-meat source of energy and protein. Cheese supplies calcium and eggs provide vitamins A, D and E. Spinach is a source of both Iron and B Vitamins. This would be a good option for post operation weight maintenance and body repair.
- 300gm plain flour
- 175gm butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
- Iced water
- 200gm spinach leaves
- 1 red pepper
- 300gm feta cheese
- 1 bunch chives
- 5 whole eggs
- 1/2pt single cream
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1tbs chopped parsley
- Begin by making the pastry either by hand or in a food mixer.
- Keeping all of the ingredients cold, put flour into a bowl and add the chopped butter & salt. Mix until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- On slow speed add the egg yolk and a little iced water until the pastry starts pulling together and then turn off the machine. It is important not to over mix or the pastry will be tough.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Lightly grease a 10” loose bottom tin or a similar sized dish.
- Lay the spinach in the bottom of the case and season with salt and pepper.
- Cube the feta and put on top of spinach.
- Thinly slice and sauté the pepper until slightly soft and then add to the tart.
- Mix cream with the milk in a jug and whisk well, adding the nutmeg.
- Pour into tart case and add chopped parsley. Place in the oven at 165 degrees for 45 mins.
- Cool slightly and eat warm with a fresh green salad.
What makes Horder Healthcare unique
Horder Healthcare is committed to providing the very best quality of care for our patients and customers. We are continuously working on improving and reducing risks and this is reflected in our consistently high CQC results, patient satisfaction questionnaires and minimal levels of infection.
We are a charity
We reinvest our profit to benefit more people and help us achieve our aim of advancing health.